Handcrafting Inspired by the Ocean Breeze!

Handcrafting Inspired by the Ocean Breeze!

Thursday 16 January 2014

Vintage Wool

What can be better than good wool? Good wool for free!

There is something special about vintage items. Not only do they display the beauty of other times but they also carry history. It reminds me of my grandpa'. He always had a witty story to tell and a lesson to teach, and although he did not have a formal education, he was such a bright and wise man.

I recently joined a group of people called the Freecyclers. They are a bunch wise enough to give away and reuse things that are still in good working condition but their owners, for whatever reason, just don't want anymore. Don't you feel bad when you throw away that good old filter coffee machine that was with you for all those difficult Monday mornings, just because you bought the latest model of a capsule coffee machine? You would be surprised of how many people would want your old one...

A couple of days ago there was a good soul that had a bag of yarn to give away. As soon as I saw the message and the magic words "wool for free", a little bell was ringing in my head. And this amazing wool was just an email away.



I reckon Aotea yarn company must not exist anymore. I tried to search for it on the internet, but I could not find any info. Hence I have absolutely no idea how old this yarn is. But it is good quality 100% Virgin Wool from New Zealand and it's in perfect condition. I'll probably use it to make a small lap afghan for the bench seat that I will buy for my balcony, but I am still looking for that perfect pattern!...

No comments:

Post a Comment